Followers

Sunday 11 January 2015

All things LOTV wedding card

Hi everyone, I'm back!

Long time no see! 



In the run-up to Christmas, I was SO BUSY! I had 160 cards to make - in the space of three weeks. I don't know how many all-nighters I pulled, and no matter how many times I publicly broke down crying, the orders still came and kept coming. 
I guess it's a nice thing that so many people want my cards, but when it's not making my any money because I don't charge enough, and some of the people (not many, just a very small handful) just don't seem to care, the cost to me is my mental health and all of a sudden then, it's not worth it. I have had no time for anything except card-making, and it became a chore instead of fun. I was churning out cards I wasn't happy with and didn't have time to make them as good as I wanted to, it was awful. I went on holidays for 2 weeks in December as well, and ended up having to pack half an hour before leaving for the airport - and let me tell you as a list maker and huge planner - this is like my worst nightmare!!! 

So I'm taking a break from making cards for anyone but family and close friends for the next little while, and even putting this in no uncertain terms on my facebook page (I literally wrote "I'm not making cards or taking orders til March, thanks for the custom and maybe see you all again for orders then") the orders are still coming and I'm not good at saying no so I'm having to think about putting on my big-girl panties and saying no...not sure if I can do that though haha! I started making cards as I found it helps with my anxiety and self-esteem issues, but when it's causing more problems than it's helping with...I need re-evaluate things. 

Also my beloved cat Whitey is gone. She went missing on Christmas Eve and hasn't been seen since. Can't type to much more about it because I'll cry. I miss her :(

So here's one of the many cards I made during my hugely busy 2014 :)

Ingredients
LOTV Bonnets and Bowties Paper Pack
LOTV Quotables - Love
LOTV Wedding Couple Stamp
LOTV Vintage Sentiments - Occasions
Pink ribbon I bought in America
Silver embossing powder
Liquid Pearls
Diamanté embellishment
Stickles
Coloured with Copics
Frantage powder



It seems like so many of the challenge blogs I used to enter have closed since I blogged last - makes me so sad :(

I'd like to enter this into the following:
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge - Something New (wedding is a start of a new life, right?)
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Use something old/new (new start with a wedding, all old products) :)

Thanks for looking, and happy to be back!
Tags xx

8 comments:

  1. Gosh Tanya you do seem as if you need a break, and you're right it is good that people want the cards, but when you are under pressure like that it becomes a chore.
    learn to day NO!
    Your card is beautiful, lovely colouring and embellishments, hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi it's me again, just to say sorry to hear that you beloved cat is missing, I do hope he finds his way back to you, hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year Tanya so nice to see you back that's a lot of cards to make l thought l made lots but don't do half that many .......so sorry to hear about your cat l have 3 cats and l'd be really upset and couldn't speak about them if they was to go missing l hope she returns .....your card was worth the wait its beautiful lovely image and gorgeous layout with lots of lovely details xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Tanya, love the pretty design.

    Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Tanya, I like the adorable image and the embellishments
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. A very quick visit Tanya, we've had no internet the last few days and sounds like it's going to be off again for server maintenance but just wanted to check on your latest makes and say hello.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so amazing! I love what you did here. :) Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  8. precious card, so many fabulous details...awesome! so glad you played along with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    add a little glimmer to your life….sparkle & shine! *~*

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, I really appreciate them :)